- Simplicity and speed of operation
- Complete safety of operating personnel
- Access to gear only by lowering column (unless Flush Door Option is chosen)
- Vandal resistant locking screw as standard (secondary security)
- Gravity locked, can only be lowered with universal lever (standard supply)
- Designed to EN40
- Manufactured in grade 304 as standard
- Available on request in grade 316 for harsher environmental conditions
- Finished bead blasted for a high quality look
- ELSAB1/6A - Single fuse cut-out, 6A, loop in/out (not fitted)
- ELSAB12/6A - Twin fuse cut-out, 6A, loop in/out (not fitted)
Abacus columns are to be installed and maintained in strict accordance with our product manual. Raising and lowering of the column must be carried out with the use of both the correct counterbalance unit and operating lever. Under no circumstances should manual handling be used to carry out this operation.
Training on all Base-Hinged Columns is available either at Abacus or on site at your facility. Take a look at our Training
page for more information.
We strongly recommend that Abacus counterbalance units are only operated by persons who have successfully completed training carried out by an approved Abacus trainer.
* Flush Door Option
Flush door enables internal locking mechanism. Side fitted locking screw not required on this model. Add /FD suffix.
Outreach brackets to suit customers’ requirements can ve supplied in the same material.
Note: 6m column is available for post top mounting only.
Technical data for columns & masts
The performance data for columns and masts gives their basic technical attributes only. The technical performance of a column or mast will be affected by local site conditions (terrain type, distance to sea, site altitude, windspeed) and the headload being carried.
the Abacus Technical team to confirm the suitability of a column or mast for your application.